Antoine M. Ferneini, M.D., F.A.C.S.
Specialty – Vascular, Endovascular Surgery, Wound Care
Board certified – Vascular Surgery, Wound Care, General Surgery
- University of Massachusetts Medical School, M.D. 1987
- American University of Beirut, B.S. with Distinction, Biology, 1982
- American University of Beirut, M.S. Microbiology, 1982
- Section Chief of Vascular Surgery, Yale New Haven Hospital – St. Raphael Campus 2011-present
- Utilization Review Committee, Yale New Haven Hospital – St. Raphael Campus 2005-present
- Nomination Committee, Yale New Haven Hospital – St. Raphael Campus 1998-present
- Teaching Attending/Vascular Service, Yale New Haven Hospital – St. Raphael Campus 1993-present
- Board of Directors, Balamad Education Formative, 2001-present
Achievements and Awards
- 2016 Edward H. Storer, M.D. Award for excellence in Surgical Teaching
- Vitals Healthgrades Awards:
- Patients’ Choice Award (2011-2016)
- On-Time Doctor Award (2014-2016)
- Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012-2015)
- Patients’ Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2015-2016)
- 1st Endovascular Abdominal Aneurysm Repair in CT using Talent-Stent Graft, 2008
- 1st Atherectomy in CT for Occlusive Disease in legs, using Diamondback 360, 2008
- 1st Endovascular Abdominal Aneurysm Repair at Hospital of St. Raphael, 2000
- Clinical Associate Professor in the Physician Assistant Program Quinnipiac College School of Health Sciences, 1999
- Attending of the Year Award, Hospital of St. Raphael, 1995, 1998 “For Outstanding Teaching in the Operating Room and Beyond”.
- American College of Surgeons Meeting, CT Chapter, General Surgery Session, 1990
- American College of Surgeons Meeting, CT Chapter, 1988, Award For Best paper on Cancer
Dr. Ferneini is the Section Chief of Vascular Surgery at Yale-New Haven Hospital, St. Raphael’s campus. He is a fellow of The American College of Surgeons, a member of the Society of Vascular Surgery, and the New England Society of Vascular Surgery. Dr. Ferneini was presented multiple times with the “Outstanding Teaching in the Operating Room and Beyond” award by the Hospital of St. Raphael’s graduating chief residents. He was also awarded the 2016 “Edward H. Storer, M.D. award for Excellence in Surgical Teaching” by the Yale graduating chief residents. He is well published and has been cited in many national and international organizations. He attributes his success to his compassion and love for his patients.
Dr. Ferneini is a certified scuba diver and enjoys diving in exotic locations. He spends his spare time with his wife and daughter.