Minimally Invasive Treatment
Our non-surgical treatment options focus on destroying or removing problem veins and address conditions like spider veins and varicose veins.
- Sclerotherapy involves injecting the problem vein with a chemical. This causes the blood vessel to close up and dissolve. Sclerotherapy is the main treatment option for spider veins. It’s also used for treatment of certain varicose veins. It is performed in a short office visit. It causes little or no pain.
- Endovenous Ablation uses heat to treat a varicose vein. Closing off a problem vein reduces pressure on smaller, side-branch varicose veins. Endovenous ablation involves only one needle puncture, not incisions.
There are also self-care options for your problem veins:
- Controlling your weight
- Follow a low-salt diet to minimize water retention
- Compression Stockings
- Exercise, especially walking
- Elevating your legs above your heart to improve circulation