Ralph W. De Natale, M.D., F.A.C.S.
Specialty – Vascular Surgery: Open and Endovascular
Board certified – Vascular Surgery
- Fordham University BS in Biology 1973
- Medical School: University of Bologna, Faculty of Medicine & Surgery Bologna,ltaly 1973-1979
- General Surgery Hospital of Saint Raphael’s- Affiliate of YNHH 1979-1984
- Fellowship in Cardiothoracic Surgery Baylor College of Medicine, Methodist Hospital
Houston, Texas 1984-1985
- Fellowship in Vascular Surgery, Baylor College of Medicine, Methodist Hospital, Houston Texas 1985-1986
- Attending Surgeon YNHH 1986-Present
- Attending Surgeon HSR 1986—Present
- Attending Surgeon Midstate Medical Center 2019-Present
- Medical Director of Medical Quality Midstate Medical Center 2019-Present
- Assistant Clinical Professor of Surgery YNHH 1992-Present
- Assistant Clinical Professor of Surgery Quinnipiac Medical School 2019-Present
- Associate Section Chief of Vascular Surgery YNHH 1996-2000
- Chief Section of Vascular Surgery HSR 2002-2011
- President New Haven Medical Association 1996—1997
- President of the Medical Staff HSR 2011 & 2012
- Board of Trustees HSR 2011 & 2012
- Fellow American College of Surgeons 1989—Present
- CT Society of Board Surgeons 1989-Present
- CT State Medical Society 1987-Present
- New Haven County Medical Association 1987-Present
- New England Society for Vascular Surgery 2004—Present
- Society for Vascular Surgery 2005—Present
- The Edward H. Storer Award for Excellence in Surgical Teaching YNHH 1991 & 1993
- Community Surgeon of the Year YNHH 1989-1990
- Attending of the Year Award HSR 2002
- Castle Connolly Top Doctors Award 2009-Present
- Dr. De Natale did his Vascular training under the mentorship of E. Stanley Crawford, MD. who was the world’s expert on the Treatment and Management of Diseases of the Aorta. This allowed him to bring that expertise back to Connecticut.
- Dr. De Natale has published peer review articles that were presented at both International and National meetings which are still quoted in the Vascular Surgical literature till this day, and has been a guest lecturer with Dr. Denton Cooley on the Surgical Therapy of Thoracic and Thoracoabdominal Aortic Aneurysms.
- Dr. De Natale owes his success to his tireless work ethic and always putting the patient first, as well as the support and understanding of his wife and three children.
- Dr. De Natale is an avid outdoorsman and wildlife conservationist, taking part in the antipoaching initiatives in North America and Africa.